A new home means a new opportunity to start fresh. Avoid clutter from day 1, and keep your home feeling brand new. Today we are exploring 3 tips and tricks to avoid clutter in your new Middle Tennessee home.
1. Keep it Clean
Take the time to purge! Moving into a new home offers the prime opportunity to start fresh. Ask yourself “when is the last time I used ‘x’ item?” If you can’t remember, take it as a sign to part ways. Make a habit of donating on a regular basis, and limit yourself to the number of “holiday shopping trips” you take.
2. Create a Space for Everything
Organization is the key to a clutter free home. Take the extra time to find a space for each item. Label, color coordinate, and store like items together. Start with one room at a time, and find a system that works for you. In need of a few ideas? We have you covered:
• Living Room: Keep flat surfaces clutter free, organize your abundance of electronic cords, and take advantage of the extra space behind your sofa!
• Kitchen: Organize your kitchen by like items. Arrange your cabinets by category – utensils, coffee/tea, food prep, etc. Create a cohesive look by using clear containers, such as glass jars for all of your pantry items.
• Bathrooms: Use storage bins to separate toiletries, towels, and medicine. Organize makeup in an acrylic storage container. If you are tight on space, utilize the additional space above your toilet for a storage cabinet.
• Bedrooms: Purchase draw dividers and closet organization items. Create a place for each item in your bedroom, and be sure to tidy up each morning or evening.
3. Go Green
Going green is a great way to live eco-friendly, and reduce the clutter in your home. Switch to a paper-free home – think paperless bills, Google Calendar, and Todoist. Scan in all of your paper documents, and store on an external drive. Software such as Evernote, which allows you to capture, organize, and share your documents. Be sure to store essential paper documents in a labeled file cabinet or storage containers in an easy to find location.
Keeping your home clutter free is as easy as 1-2-3. Spend less time cleaning, and more time enjoying your new, clutter free home.